So, what happens in this issue? Well, it starts with Peter in bed with her new girlfriend - Carlie, whom I publicly dislike. They are discussing if they should have sex, and eventually agree to. Just then however, Peter sees the FF signal in the sky. At the same time, Carlie's phone rings. She says its urgent and that she has to leave. Peter takes the opportunity to join his team - the FF. (This kinda luck only happens in comics)
Peter rushes to his lab to find the new costume he made. He appears at the Baxter Building with his own Fantastic Four costume. None of the FF members are impressed though as they find it disrespectful to Johnny.
Honestly, I think the costume sucked anyway. Spider-Man complains that he didn't like the new costume as it made him look like Anti-Venom. ( Good point)
To cut it all short, the FF have some universe threatening adventures together in France, the Microverse, the future, and several other places requiring them to travel through alternate realities and etc. Peter decides to let Carlie know he'll be out of town for a few days and tells her over the phone that he'll be on a business trip.
Meanwhile, Carlie is at her crime scene, and notices some familiar purple chemical. (I'm not sure if this part is relevant yet)
Back at the Microverse, three things of importance take place.
- Spidey learns not to think so much and to listen to Reeds when on their 'alternate universe adventures.' They do work together as science nerds pretty well though.
- Ben feels that they are being watched
- Spidey is told never to use any future technology they see while on their adventures in current time.
- Carlie is going to be told the truth about Spider-Man
- Peter is not going to tell her, leading to a break up
Also, how is Spider-Man able to fight alongside the FF without his Spider-sense? He lost it a few issues back.